Annual Award Ceremony of the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival
Organized by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC)
and the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
7 December 2021, 10am – 12:30pm (EST), Virtual ceremony from New York City, USA
Join us live: pluralplus.unaoc.org/pluralplus2021
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) will hold the annual awards ceremony of their joint initiative, the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival on Tuesday, 7 December, at 10AM EST (New York time).
This year, a total of 29 short films from 15 countries (Brazil, Guatemala, India, Iran, Italy, Kenya, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Peru, Republic of Korea, Senegal, Spain, United Arab Emirates and the United States of America) will receive special awards from UNAOC, IOM, as well as more than twenty partner organizations.
Tuesday 7 December, 10am to 12:30pm EST (New York time)
The event will be held online and broadcast live on the PLURAL+ website.
The ceremony will be covered live on social media. Join the conversation through the official hashtag: #PLURALplus21
The PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival was launched in 2009 as a joint collaboration between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM). In a world often characterized by intolerance and cultural divisions, the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival recognizes youth as powerful agents of social change and empowers them to foster respect for diversity.
With the support of a network of more than 50 partner organizations, PLURAL+ awards young media makers from all over the world for short films that focus on the themes of migration, social inclusion, diversity and combating xenophobia to promote respect and understanding.
- H.E. Mr. Miguel Angel Moratinos, Under-Secretary-General and High Representative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations
- H.E. Mr. António Vitorino, Director General of the International Organization of Migration (video message)
- H.E. Ms. Melissa Fleming, Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications (video message)
- Ms. Mahen Bonetti, Founder and Executive Director, African Film Festival, Jury member
- Ms. Sophie Boutros, Filmmaker, Executive Director, Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Communication, American University in Dubai, Jury member (TBC)
- Mr. Paul Marvucic, Head of Product Marketing for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, TikTok, Jury Member
- Ms. Cindy Carcamo, Statt writer on immigration, Los Angeles Times, Jury member
- Representatives of PLURAL+ partner organizations
The spotlight will be on the 29 young filmmakers from 15 different countries who will be receiving awards for their powerful and thought-provoking short films.