Register to Join Us Live
WHAT: Within the framework of their joint #YouthWagingPeace programme, the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP), together with the UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office, are organizing “iTAGe: Talking Across Generations on the State of PVE in South Asia”, an intergenerational dialogue bringing together South Asian youth and senior officials and policymakers to discuss peace and social cohesion in the region.
WHEN: Tuesday, 20 July, 2021 | 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM EDT.
WHERE: Register to join: https://bit.ly/3kicfc5
Follow @UNAOC for live coverage on Twitter
WHY: The input collected from the event and the preceding survey and focus group discussions will be incorporated into the Youth-led Report on the State of PVE-E in South Asia as youth-centered actionable recommendations for policymakers. The report will combine the latest research on preventative efforts with uncensored youth case studies to produce innovative and solid perspectives for policymakers and a youth-centered overview of violent extremism in South Asia.
Master of Ceremony:
- Mr. Bram Van Haver, Project Management Specialist – Youth and Education, United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC)
- Dr. Anantha Duraiappah, Director, UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP)
- Mr. Eric Falt, Director and Representative, UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office
- Mr. Alessandro Girola, Programming Coordinator, United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC)
- Ms. Shreya Jani, Consultant PVE and iTAGe, UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP)
- Ms. Maija Lyytinen, Prevention of Violent Extremism and Hate Speech Analyst, UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office
- Mr. Parwiz Mosamim, Coordinator, Students for Liberty Organization
- Ms. Sheshadri Kottearachchi, Strategic Communications Advisor
- Mr. Subramaniampillai Muralitharan, Director of Education, Peace Education and Reconciliation Unit / Tamil Schools Development, Ministry of Education (Sri Lanka)
- Dr. Meenakshi Gopinath, Founder and Director, Women in Security, Conflict Management and Peace (India)
- Dr. Sakhawat Hussain, Author, Speaker, and Security Analyst; Former Election Commissioner and Brigadier General (Bangladesh)
- Ms. Lailuma Nasiri, Co-founder and President, Afghanistan Justice Organization (Afghanistan)
- Ms. Mozhdeh Hafed, Civil Youth Activist (Afghanistan)
- Ms. Sadia Khalid, Trainer, Researcher, and Social Media and Climate Activist (Pakistan)
- Mr. Hasibul Hasan, ECP Fellow of Plan International and Senior Research Executive, South Asian Network on Economic Modeling Network (Bangladesh)
- Ms. Sharanya Rao, Programme Manager, Atoot (Nepal); National Eligibility Test (NET) qualified teacher (India)
- Mr. Janith Prabashwara Perera, Youth Peace Activist, Advocate, Educator and Researcher (Sri Lanka)
- Mr. Mathanmi Hungyo, Director, Recognize Rise And Empower Association; Founder, Teach For North-East (India)
CONTACT: Mr. Bram Van Haver, firstname.lastname@example.org.