Aims: This interdisciplinary and cross-cultural meeting on “National Question in Central Europe,: Democratic Responses to Unresolved National and Ethnic Conflicts,” to be held March 22-24, 2013, in Budapest, Hungary, welcomes presentations on the cultural studies, sociology, geography, political science, law, history and economics research and cross border cooperation within the wider Central European region. The conference is supported by the Institute for Cultural Relations Policy (ICRP) and King Sigismund College (ZSKF). Its aim is to serve as a meeting point to facilitate the public exposure of the perspectives and interests of different communities, governments, international organisations, NGOs, businesses, scholars, thinkers and common citizens.
(Possible directions may include, but are not restricted to, the following)
• Regional development path of Central and Eastern Europe;
• Central and Eastern Europe compared to other European regions;
• Changing transnational structures of demography, interethnic relations, settlements and production;
• Society, Culture, Religions, Lifestyle;
• Economic issues;
• Modernisation processes (state administration, law, politics, ideologies);
• Culture and Art in Central Europe;
• Nation building, national ideologies, national identity question, ethnic minority issues;
• Diplomacy, diaspora policies and interstate relations
Conference location: King Sigismund College (Zsigmond Kiraly Foiskola). Kelta utca 2. Budapest (1039) Hungary
Please submit your registration and abstract by March 11. More details are available at the conference website.