4th International Conference: Celebrating Childhood Diversity, Monday 9th – Wednesday 11th July 2012
To celebrate the 10th year of the establishment of the Centre for the Study of Childhood and Youth at Sheffield University, (CSCY) this conference addresses the theme of diversity in the lives of children and young people.
Issues to be explored include, but are not restricted to:
- Children’s and young people’s diverse and cultural worlds
- Understanding identity and difference
- Structures and institutions as indices of childhood diversity
- Time, space and place
- Methodological innovations in childhood research
- Theorising similarity and difference
Those wishing to organise small symposia around a specific theme are also invited to submit a proposal.
Abstracts of no more than 200 words (for papers) 400 words (for symposia) should be sent to the conference administrator, Dawn Lessels, by 31st January 2012. Email: d.j.lessels(at)sheffield.ac.uk.
Halifax Conference Venue, University of Sheffield, Endcliffe Student Village, Sheffield, S10 3ER, UK.