Calls for papers/conferences/seminars/workshops/ relevant to AoC general themes.
- Conference, 9-10 March 2011. “Islamic Civilization – Potentials and Challenges.” 9 to 10 March 2011. Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan . The objective of the conference is to explore theoretical and methodological framework for studying the Islamic civilization. The conference seeks to re frame some of the debates about Islamic civilization, its potentials and challenges.
- IADIS International Conference on Mobile Learning 2011, Avila, Spain
The International Association for Development of the Information Society (IADIS) International Conference on Mobile Learning 2011 will take place in Avila, Spain from 10 to 12 March 2011.
The concept of lifelong learning is essential to the competitiveness of the knowledge economy. It applies to all levels of education and training and concerns all stages of life, as well as the different forms of apprenticeship. Lifelong learning aims to provide citizens with tools for personal development, social integration and participation in the knowledge economy.
The event will be a forum for discussion and presentation of mobile learning research. It will include discussions and presentation on the following topics:
– pedagogical approaches and theories for mobile lifelong learning;
– social software for mobile learning;
– gaming, simulations and augmented reality for mobile learning;
– mobile learning in formal educational institutions;
– mobile learning in informal setting;
– tools, technologies, and platforms for mobile learning;
– user studies of mobile learning;
– research methodologies and evaluation of mobile learning;
– ethical issues regarding mobile learning.
- CFA Deadline: March 20, 2011. RE-VISIONING TERRORISM An Interdisciplinary and International Conference SEPTEMBER 8-10, 2011 – Purdue University, Indiana, United States. SEPTEMBER 8-10, 2011 – Purdue University
Funded by the College of Liberal Arts Enhancing Research in the Humanities and the Arts Grant and by the Purdue University Office of the Vice President for Research
Papers and/ or panel proposals are invited for a three-day conference on re-visions and re-presentations of terrorism from antiquity to the present, to coincide, roughly, with the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attack directed at the World Trade Center in New York on September, 2001. Proposals for panels and individual papers (250-word abstract) are due by March 20, 2011.
Refereed proceedings will be published.
The aim of this interdisciplinary conference is to look at terrorism to see how it has been perceived and represented over the centuries in literature, art, theater, and most recently, in the audio-visual media in the hope of arriving at a better understanding of this phenomenon. We invite paper from scholars across the humanities and social sciences. While we do not expect to find a unitary definition of and/or explanation for terrorism, we hope to encourage a more flexible response to one of the most serious problems confronting the world today.
For further information please contact Elena Coda and Ben Lawton (Conference Co-Directors) at ecoda(at)purdue.edu or lawton(at)purdue.edu, or see the conference web page at http://www.cla.purdue.edu/fll/main/news/Terrorism/
- Conference, 23-24 March, 2011. Johore International Student Leaders Conference . Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia. Student Leaders in the Face of Global Diversity The JISLC aims to engage students in preparing themselves as future leaders who are able to remain relevant and globally sophisticated.
- CFP Deadline: March 28, 2011. Euro-American Conference for Academic Disciplines , 21 to 24 June 2011, Prague, Czech Republic. Scholars from various academic disciplines converge at the premises of the Knights of Malta in Prague for a four-day conference celebrating multidisciplinary research and international education. Organized by: International Journal of Arts and Sciences
- CFP Deadline: March 30, 2011. HUMAN RIGHTS BEYOND THE LAW: POLITICS, PRACTICES, PERFORMANCES OF PROTEST . SEPTEMBER 16-18, JINDAL GLOBAL LAW SCHOOL, INDIA. This workshop is organized by the Collaborative Research Programme on Law, Postcoloniality and Culture at the Jindal Global Law School, NCR of Delhi, India. The workshop is supported by the Brown International Advanced Research Institutes, Brown University, USA.
The workshop will be organized around four thematic clusters:
I. The Tyranny of Rights
II. Re/presentations of Resistance
III. Bodies in Protest
IV. Organizing the Transnational
The workshop aims to bring together scholars, activists, illustrators, performers, musicians, photographers and filmmakers to excavate archives and imagine repertoires of bodily practices of subaltern protest that both engage and critique the law. Abstracts/ proposals should pertain broadly to the theme of the workshop and its four thematic clusters. Non-English abstracts/ proposals are also welcome as long as it is accompanied by an English translation/ transcreation. More details on the workshop are available at www.protestworkshop.jgu.edu.in
Paper abstracts, proposals to curate exhibitions/ films, and proposals for performances (not exceeding 1000 words) need to be emailed to protestworkshop.india(at)jgu.edu.in no later than March 30, 2011. Decisions will be announced by April 30, 2011.
Partial funding for travel may be available for participants from Southern countries only whose abstracts/ proposals have been accepted. If you require funding, please attach a letter with your abstract/ proposal. Decisions regarding funding will be made only after acceptance of abstracts/ proposals.
- Call for Papers Deadline: March 31, 2011. EDULEARN11 International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies . Barcelona, 4-6 July, 2011
The objective of EDULEARN11 is to share your experiences in the fields of Education and New Learning Technologies.
It is an International Forum for lecturers, researchers, professors, educational scientists and technologists to present their projects and discuss the latest innovations and results in the field of Education.
You can present your projects in three modalities: Oral and Poster presentations and Virtually (if you can not attend in person).
Two ISBN publications (EDULEARN11 Abstracts CD and EDULEARN11 Proceedings CD) will be produced with all the accepted abstracts and papers that will serve as a database of innovation projects in Education and Technology.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is the 31st of March 2011.
- II International Conference on Intercultural Studies , ISCAP, University of Oporto, Portugal. May 25-27, 2011. The Centre for Intercultural Studies (CEI) is proud to announce the II International Conference on Intercultural Studies, to be held between 25 and 27 May 2011, at ISCAP.
Centre for Intercultural Studies (CEI)
Instituto Superior de Contabilidade e Administração do Porto (ISCAP) – Office 333
Rua Jaime Lopes Amorim
4465-004 S. Mamede Infesta, PORTUGAL
Telf. + 351 229050037
Fax. + 351 229025899
Visit the website at http://www.iscap.ipp.pt/~cei
- 6th International Conference on ICT for Development, Education and Training , Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, May 25-27, 2011. Dar es Salaam, Mlimani City Conference Centre, Tanzania
eLearning Africa is a conference organised by ICWE GmbH that focuses on information and communication technologies (ICTs) for development, education and training in Africa.
-CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORKS: LEARNING, KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND EMPLOYABILITY
-POLICIES, PARTNERSHIPS AND RESOURCES
-TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS, INNOVATIONS AND CHOICES
-CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT AND eINCLUSION
-EDUCATION CONTENT, RESOURCES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The International Conference on Education & Learning in Mobile Age – CELMA, 01-02 June, 2011, Low Wood Bay Hotel, Lake District, UK focuses on learning in the digital world with advanced mobile technologies, such as handheld devices, and smart phones. The applications of innovative technologies and inspiration methodologies in this domain will bring scientists, researchers, engineers, trainers and trainees together towards new era of teaching and learning societies.
Student centered Learning
Problem based learning
Activity based learning
Verification and elaboration based feedback
Collaborative or individual learning methods
New evaluation methods
Modernization of education
Pedagogical use of iPhone and smartphone
(Comparative) Language learning
Vocational education and training
Motivation and mastering process
Experiences with response, communication and interaction in education and training
Just-in-time teaching and learning
Environment related learning:
(Open/Online) Student Response Systems
Electronic Voting Systems
Computer aided learning
Mobile device related learning
Computer – mobile mixture learning
Web based learning
Facilitating learning by use of video
Content production with mobile learning