Name of organization:
Sindh Community Foundation
Description of organization:
Sindh Community Foundation is a Pakistani NGO promoting social activism in rural areas among youth, rural communities, women and girls for taking collective actions for social development, harmony and integration and improving their access to productive resources and opportunities. Established in 2001 and registered in 2007, Sindh Community Foundation works on Peace Education, Youth Empowerment, Girls’ and Women’s Empowerment, Human Rights and Good Governance, Active Citizenship, Leadership, Climate and environmental justice.
Sindh Community Foundation wanted to address the persistence of faith-based tensions and violence in Pakistan, which caused a overall sense of insecurity, especially among religious minorities. They chose to use visual arts, an effective tool to develop community resilience, peacebuilding and conflict transformation, as well as a way to prevent religious extremism.
By the end of the project, Sindh Community Foundation expects to:
- Train 100 young artists on the concepts of peace, interfaith harmony and culture;
- Have 800 young male and female students attend poetry sessions, painting and photography exhibitions;
- Sensitize 800 young people on harmony and peace and their role through attending 8 theatre works;
- Produce and disseminate 1000 copies of a published work on poetry, painting and photography among 1000 young people
- Form a youth artistic network composed of an initial 100 artists and expand this network to 1000 members;
- Organize a national seminar for 1000 young artists
Project coordinator: Mr. Niaz Muhammad
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org