- This event has passed.
UNAOC Fellowship Alumni Event: “The role of media and civil society in fostering peace”
December 6, 2017 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
| Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and the Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations are organizing a Fellowship Alumni discussion entitled “The role of media and civil society in fostering peace”.
UNAOC Fellowship Alumni are young professionals and civil society leaders from Europe, North America, the Middle East, and North Africa, who took part in the UNAOC Fellowship Programme.
Together, they work on mobilizing their resources and expertise to join the global effort for the promotion of tolerance and inclusion. For this occasion, UNAOC has invited 16 Fellowship Alumni professionally active in the fields of media and civil society. Through an interactive TED Talk format, they will present their observations and their recommendations.
The UNAOC Fellowship Programme is made possible thanks to the financial contribution of the Federal Foreign Office of Germany. UNAOC also thanks the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Spain, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Morocco, the League of Arab States, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Egypt, and the Qatar Committee for the Alliance of Civilizations for their support.
UNAOC Fellowship Alumni:
- Athar Ahmad, Journalist for the BBC, United Kingdom
- Aziza Benlamoudi, Co-Founder of Algeria Youth Voices, Algeria
- Elena D’Angelo, Fellow Project Officer at the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute, Italy
- Emadeddin Badi, Project Manager at Peaceful Change Initiative, Libya
- Emna Ben Yedder, Co-Founder of “ACT – Think and Decide”, Tunisia
- Fatima Al Banawi, Social Consultant and Artist, Saudi Arabia
- Hayder Al Shakeri, Youth Advocate, Iraq
- Jasmin Hasic, Assistant Professor at the International University of Burch, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Khalil El Masry, Consultant for the Advancing Inter-religious Peace-building Project, Egypt
- Klara Hoskova, Media Programme Coordinator, Germany
- Manal Elattir, Founder of ASILASHOP, Morocco
- Roda Siad, Documentary Filmmaker, Canada
- Shawn Lent, Program Director for Chicago Dance-makers Forum, United States of America
- Taras Dzyubanskyy, Adviser to the Mayor of Lviv for Religious and Ecumenical Issues, Ukraine
- Tomas Horvath, Project Manager at the Slovak NGDO Platform, Slovakia
- Yousef Alhelou, Journalist for Al-Araby TV, State of Palestine
Wednesday 6 December 2017 from 10:00AM to 12:00PM. A reception will be held afterwards.
The Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations, 871 UN Plaza New York NY 10017