Who can apply?
Applying organizations need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Projects implemented by non-for-profit organizations including non-governmental organizations, charitable organizations, research and educational institutions, labor unions, indigenous groups, faith-based organizations, professional associations, foundations and local or municipal branches of government.
- Field of action must fall within one of the following thematic clusters: migration and integration; intercultural awareness; education for intercultural citizenship; the role of specific groups (faith-based; women; youth; media) in promoting intercultural understanding and cooperation.
- Projects must implement new approaches and methods to intercultural understanding.
- Willingness to develop ideas and expand the range of action of the project with the UNAOC, the BMW Group and other partners.
- Projects that have been submitted to previous editions of the Intercultural Innovation Award are eligible to apply.
- Projects cannot have been winners in previous editions of the UNAOC Marketplace of Ideas or BMW Group Awards. Winners of past editions can submit different projects, however.
- Organizations must have been operational for a minimum of 2 years. Projects submitted within this call should have been launched already for 12 months minimum.
Applications are assessed by an international jury against a comprehensive set of criteria.
Visit the Award website and subscribe for updates to learn about the next competition.