- This event has passed.
“Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” video contest
September 27, 2013
“Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” World Day for Cultural Diversity May 21
Online Video Contest
Rules & Regulations for submitting videos
Please read the rules and regulations carefully.
Participating in the “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” video contest of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) means that you have agreed to all of the rules and regulations listed below.
For promotional and educational purposes we will be using the selected videos on diverse platforms for the “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” campaign as well as include them on the PLURAL + Youth Video Festival DVD.
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) in partnership with UNESCO and various other partners from corporations to civil society is launching“Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” campaign aimed at engaging people around the world to Do One Thing to support Cultural Diversity and Inclusion.
Follow the campaign at: https://www.facebook.com/DoOneThingforDiversityandInclusion
Following the adoption in 2001 of the Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity, the UN General Assembly declared May 21 as the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development. This day raises awareness on the richness of world cultures and the opportunities that cultural diversity can bring to societies.
As part of the “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” 2013 campaign, we are organizing a video contest. The winning videos will be included within the UNAOC Plural + Youth Video Festival DVD. http://pluralplus.unaoc.org
The “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” video contest is designed to allow the participants to creatively portray their “Do One Thing” through a one-minute video. The theme of diversity and inclusion needs to be explicit.
• The individual who submits the video is considered ‘the participant’ in the contest.
• Multiple individuals are still allowed to work on the video.
• The videos submitted need to reflect the theme of diversity and inclusion.
• Immediate family members (siblings, children and grandchildren) of jurors for the “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” video contest are not eligible to enter the competition.
• The Selection Committee will evaluate entries based on originality, creativity, and relevance to the topic of cultural diversity and inclusion.
• Videos that are not in English must have English subtitles.
• All videos must be one-minute maximum of running time.
Consent and Copyright
• By participating in the contest, the makers of the video grant the UNAOC and “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” campaign partners the rights for the use of the video in any format.
• Participants must get the consent of everyone appearing in their videos if their faces are recognizable.
• Participants must get the consent of everyone whose copyrighted, patented or trademarked material appears in their videos.
• Participants must get the consent of everyone whose music is used in their videos unless consent is not needed (due to lack of copyright etc.).
• No video may contain vulgarity, violence, defamatory language or any other subject deemed by the “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” committee to be inappropriate for the tone of the competition.
• Videos must pertain to the topics of cultural diversity and inclusion.
• Reflecting on these topics, videos should show the participants’ thoughts, experiences, opinions, questions and suggestions.
• Videos may be of whatever type, style or genre – animated, documentary, drama, music video, comedy etc.
Use of the Video
• The makers of the video will continue to own the rights of their videos, but when they submit the video to the “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” video contest, the UNAOC and the campaign partners have unlimited use of the video for non-commercial and educational purposes.
• The UNAOC and its associated partners reserve the right to show any submitted videos a limitless, non commercial, number of times in whatever format they deem fit for the purpose of the advocacy campaign.
• The makers of the video agree to the possibility of wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, DVD and Internet distributions (social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube… etc).
• Please post your videos on your personal Facebook page mentioning the campaign page using the tag @DoOneThing for Diversity and Inclusion.
• To tag the Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion page, add an “@” sign, and with no space after, begin typing “Do One Thing…” until you see the page in the drop-down menu. Select it and the words will appear in your status as blue. Once you post, it will link to the page automatically.
• You can also upload them to YouTube and then post it on our Facebook page directly.
• Participants must follow these instructions or risk their submission not being considered for the contest.
Prizes & Awards
• Winning videos will receive USD 1500 donated by Weyerhaeuser and TAL Televisión América Latina. In addition, each winner will receive Najafi Global Mindset’s upcoming book Developing your Global Mindset: The Handbook for successful global leaders.
– 1st prize: USD 1000
– 2nd prize: USD 300
– 3rd prize: USD 200
• Winning videos will appear on the PLURAL + Youth Video Festival DVD.
• Please submit your videos by 12:00 PM (EDT) Friday, 27 September 2013 your Facebook page and make sure the “Do One Thing” Facebook page is mentioned by using the tag @Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion.
• The selected videos will be announced by late October 2013.