How to Apply
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27 July 2018. The subject of your email should contain the title of the post that you are applying for.
Your application should include, at a minimum: a letter of motivation (strictly no longer than 1 page), resume or curriculum vitae, and a portfolio of recent works. Please include links to your active social media profiles. Please also indicate your daily rate.
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight New York Time (EST) on the closing date of the announcement. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email.
In preparation for its 8th Global Forum, UNAOC will recruit a short-term consultant, who will work under the supervision of the Web and Multimedia Design Specialist on the following primary responsibilities:
- Support graphic design tasks for the 8th UNAOC Global Forum, including designing the various components of the forum website;
- Upload content to UNAOC’s digital assets, including text, photos, videos and multimedia elements on a regular basis;
- Assist in designing a range of communication products, including brochures, flyers, booklets, banners, social media cards, infographics, and other related materials for print and digital distribution;
- Provide web maintenance support, including implementing testing tools, troubleshooting and resolving bugs when necessary, and ensuring the ongoing performance of UNAOC’s websites and microsites;
- Assist in creating, editing and retouching photographs and videos to be published on UNAOC’s websites, social media, and print materials;
- Assist with social media campaign around the Forum;
- Perform other relevant duties as required by the Web and Multimedia Management Specialist.
- Professionalism – shows pride in work and in achievements, motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Solution focused – Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving;
- Results orientation – Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal;
- Accountability – is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Creativity – Ability to convey concepts in the most effective and visually appealing manner; ability to innovate and develop out-of-the-box ideas;
- Detail-oriented – Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring maximum accuracy in all tasks;
- Grace under pressure – Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges, remains calm in stressful situations
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, multimedia design, advertising, information technology, computer science, digital communications, digital marketing or another related field.
Work experience and Skills
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: graphic design, advertising, publishing, digital communications, or any related field;
- Experience with the WordPress Content Management System (CMS), particularly with designing themes from the ground-up;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Bridge, XD, DreamWeaver, and other Adobe Creative Suite applications;
- Familiarity with HTML, PHP, CSS and related programming languages a plus;
- Experience in social media and digital platforms;
- Experience in organization of large scale events, preferably at the international level;
- Familiarity with the work of the United Nations Organization, its mandate, main areas of focus; United Nations bodies, agencies, entities and departments;
- Must have an active presence in major social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and LinkedIn;
- Must submit a portfolio of recent works spanning print and digital design
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, which responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security, and in their environmental, economic and financial well-being. The Alliance seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome the prejudice, misperceptions and polarization that militate against such a consensus. UNAOC hopes to contribute to a coalescing global movement which, reflecting the will of the vast majority of people, rejects extremism in any society.
On November 5-6 2018, the Alliance will organize the 8th Global Forum. Nearly 1,200 participants (state and non-state representatives) are expected to take part in the Forum and engage in various working sessions, plenaries and other important sessions.
An Organizing Committee for the 8th Global Forum of UNAOC has been set up to oversee all substantive and logistical preparations of the Forum. It will seek assistance from a number of short-term external experts and support consultants, who will help to ensure smooth and timely delivery of expected milestones and outcomes of the Forum.