The intern will work under the direct, overall supervision of the UNAOC Senior Advisor Strategic Development and Partnerships. Specific intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1/ Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion 2012 campaign:
- Overall coordination of the edition 2012 of the campaign
- Develop partnership strategy with social networks
- Contact with partners (corporate; NGOs; Youth; IGOs…) and co organizers (UNESCO; Silicon Valley companies…)
- Mapping out celebrities; approach them; follow up
- Assist in resources mobilization
- Write concept papers
2/ Launching of the UNAOC Lecture Series on Diversity:
- Write concept papers
- Assist in the organization of the first lectures
- Assist in the development of partnerships and media outreach
3/ UNAOC Fellowship program
- Assist the task manager in the preparation of the Spring edition of the Fellowship program
- Prepare background notes and information
4/ Assistance to the Senior Advisor
- Assist in the follow up of the Doha Forum and implementation of new projects
- Assist in the preparation of the Replenishment meeting in Istanbul in May
- Assist in the preparation of the Spring mission to China ( Shanghai Forum + UNAOC Film festival in China )
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in an advanced university degree program (i.e. master’s degree or equivalent) or graduated
- Strong personal interest for issues related to multiculturalism; diversity and inclusion; identity ; intercultural understanding and cooperation
- Applicants must have an excellent knowledge of English with advanced written and verbal skills. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; attention to detail; and determination to meet deadlines.
- Creative, innovative, entrepreneurial mind
- Computer literacy with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with content management systems, social media, and strong event organization skills is highly desirable.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application including a letter of interest; complete Curriculum Vitae; and an updated United Nations Personal History Form P11 (http://www.unops.org/english/whoweneed/Pages/Employmentoverview.aspx ) via e-mail to <email@example.com>. Kindly indicate the vacancy title in the subject line when applying by email.
The first lines of the email application must state the following in this exact format:
Gender: (male / female)
Years of relevant experience:
Degrees / Industry Certifications: (abbreviation and name of school/college/uni).
Current / Last position title:
UNAOC reserve the right to reject any application without the above format in the submission email.
Covering letter should follow in the body of the email submission. You may use formatted email.
- We would like to have the first intern commence in February.
- Applying early is an advantage as qualified candidates will be reviewed immediately.
- The successful incumbent will be offered an internship agreement or a volunteer agreement.
- Interns and volunteers at UNAOC do not receive any remuneration. As such, interns are responsible for all cost associated with the internship, including but not limited to, cost of insurance coverage, travel and accommodation.
- Interns and volunteers are responsible for arranging their own travel and securing any necessary visas.
[download internship details: TOR_ Strategic Development and Partnerships Intern]