Please read the rules and regulations carefully.
Submitting your App/Game to the 2012 Create UNAOC Challenge means that you have agreed to all of the rules and regulations listed below.
- Entrants in the 2012 Create UNAOC Challenge must be at least 13 years or older.
- There is no limit to the number of entrants for one (1) team to make one (1) App/Game, as long as all members of the team are 13 years or older.
- Immediate family members of key organizers, jurors, sponsors, or partners for the 2012 Create UNAOC Challenge are not eligible to enter.
- Existing apps and games are eligible for submission. Developers interested in submitting their existing apps or games should be note that they will have to create a PPT/Keynote walk-through of the app or game, per the requirements under “Submissions” below (i.e., actual playable apps and games should not be submitted).
App/game specifications and selection criteria
- App and Game submissions must be in one of six of the official UN languages (Arabic, English, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and French).
- No App/Game may contain vulgarity, violence, defamatory language or any other subject deemed by the 2012 Create UNAOC Challenge organizers to be inappropriate for the tone of the competition.
- App/Games should reflect the aims of the UNAOC, to promote intercultural dialogue and shared action aimed at promoting social inclusion, tolerance, acceptance and non-discrimination.
- Apps/Games should enable individuals and groups with different cultural backgrounds to engage in an open and respectful exchange of views, to share experiences, to develop a better understanding of one another’s aspirations, and explore better practices for living together.
Consent and Copyright
- If an entrant, either as an individual or part of a team, is a minor in his/her country of residence then the entry form must be co-signed by the entrant’s parent or guardian.
- The 2012 Create UNAOC Challenge organizers will seek written consent of the parents or legal guardians of the makers of the winning app/games.
- Entrants must be able to provide written consent of everyone appearing in an App/Games if their faces are recognizable.
- Entrants must be able to provide consent of everyone whose music is used in their App/Games unless consent is not needed (i.e., if licensed through Creative Commons).
- Entrants must get the consent of everyone whose copyrighted, patented, or trademarked material appears in their app/games
Use of the app/game
- The creators of the App/Game will retain all rights of their App/Game.
- Entrants grant the UNAOC non-exclusive rights to promote, use, and distribute a submitted App/Game as part of the Create UNAOC Challenge and other UNAOC programs.
- Create UNAOC and its associated partners reserve the right to promote any submitted App/Games in whatever format the organization deems fit in order to further the educational aims of Create UNAOC.
- Create UNAOC and its associated partners reserve the right to use the App/Game and the App/Game makers’ names or likenesses in any Create UNAOC related promotional or advertising venture without compensation to the entrants.
- Games/Apps submitted to the challenge will be featured on the Create UNAOC website before and after the UNAOC Forum in Vienna in February 2013.
- Developers, both individuals and teams, must register to compete in the Create UNAOC Challenge at http://www.CreateUNAOC.org by
30 November, 20129 December, 2012.
- To submit an App or Game entrants must first complete the Create UNAOC Challenge entry form. The form must be completed in English.
- After entrant’s complete the entry form, s/he can submit a video walkthrough (i.e., animated screenshots with narration or on-screen text descriptions) or a PowerPoint/Keynote presentation of a working App or Game alpha or beta prototype (in HTML5, Unity, or other software development kits for the iPhone and Android). Note: Developers are not required to submit actual working games or apps on authorized development devices to the UNAOC.
- 5 Apps and/or Games will be selected by the Create UNAOC jury. Finalists will be notified by 21 December and will be required to refine their submissions and prepare them for distribution through Apple’s App Store and/or Android’s Play Store.
- The finalists’ applications will be played and rated by delegates to the 5th Annual UNAOC Forum in Vienna, Austria (27-28 February 2013).
- A grand prize winner will be announced by the conclusion of the forum.
- Registration to participate in the Create UNAOC Challenge must be completed between 9 July 2012 and midnight (US EST or GMT -5)
30 November 20129 December 2012.
- Submission of a video walkthrough or presentation of a App/Game prototype must be completed by
30 November 20129 December 2012.
- Five (5) Apps/Games will be selected as finalists by 21 December 2012.
- Finalists must complete a fully functional App/Game by 1 February 2013.
Prizes & Awards
- Five (5) finalists will be awarded $5,000 (USD) per App/Game to complete development of a fully functional App/Game to be featured during the 5th Annual UNAOC Forum in Vienna, Austria. Finalists will be invited to participate in the forum and receive complimentary travel and accommodations; if a finalist App/Game was developed by a team, one (1) member of the team will be invited to participate in the forum and receive complimentary travel and accommodations.
- The App/Game that is rated highest by delegates at the forum will be designated the “Top Honors” winner.
For more information contact: email@example.com