The next session of the Fellowship Program for participants from the Arab World will take place in June 2014, for a period of 15 to 20 days. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply before February 27, 2014, for consideration for this session.
Please note that ONLY pre-selected participants will be contacted.
The objective of the Fellowship programme is to contribute to enhance knowledge and understanding between peoples and societies from Muslim-majority countries, mainly from the Arab World, and from Europe and North America. The programme creates an opportunity for emerging leaders from these societies to get acquainted with the diverse realities and cultural, political and religious environments of the others.
A group of 12 young leaders from the Middle East and North Africa visit 3-6 countries in Europe and the States in the U.S and a group of 12 y oung leaders from Europe and North America visit 3-6 countries in the Middle East and North Africa. The duration of each trip is around 15-20 days. During their trips, fellows are given the opportunity to meet their counterparts in other regions, and to visit governmental, media, educational, civil society and business institutions.
The Fellowship program of the United Nations Alliance of Civilization has been made possible thanks to a grant of the Federal Foreign office of Germany and is developed in partnership with the League of Arab States, the British Council, ISESCO, the Qatar committee for the Alliance of Civilization and the Institute of International Education.
For more information click here
In order to apply for the Fellowship, applicants have to meet these criteria
- Citizens of countries located in North Africa and the Middle East or North America and Europe
- Accomplished and influential young professionals and leaders recognized by your communities with the potential to become key leaders in your field in the near future
- Active either in politics (local, national, or international), civil society organizations, media, the business sector, local communities, faith based movements, and other fields
- Willingness to use this experience in your leadership position
- Motivated and available to take part of an approximately 15-20 day-full program as scheduled by the organizer and to respect all rules and regulations on locations from the organizer and the host countries (a commitment letter will be given for you to sign)
- Be no younger than 28 and no older than 38 years of age
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Possess a passport valid at least 6 months beyond the assigned Fellowship dates
Only complete applications received will be considered. A selection committee of partners will conduct an initial review of the applications, conduct phone/video interviews for the pre-selected ones, and provide recommendations about which candidates are the most qualified to take part of this Fellowship and these candidates will be contacted.
The Application Package
All material must be submitted electronically, in English as a single file document to the UNAOC secretariat: AOCfellow@unops.org.
For more details, see the application guidelines.
The application packet should include:
1) Fellowship application
2) The essay questions included in the application
3) Current resume and photograph
4) One letter of recommendation included in the submission
Thank you and good luck!
UNAOC secretariat for the fellowship Programme