Speaking on the occasion of the launch of the International Year for the Rapprochement of Cultures today, Marc Scheuer, Director of the UN Alliance of Civilizations, said: ““Rapprochement” is… about the challenge of ensuring that in our system of world governance, in our crucial debates, in the way we understand progress, the echoes of a growing number of cultures can be heard.” Opened by the President of the UN General Assembly, Dr. Ali Abdussalam Treki, the meeting was aimed at marking the International Year for the Rapprochement of Cultures and the projects aimed at building intercultural understanding that will be featured during this period. Marc Scheuer’s full speech is available here.
- The High Representative for the UN Alliance of Civilizations Al-Nasser participates in the 6th Annual World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE)
- The Secretary-General Message to the Conference: "United Against Violence in the Name of Religion: Protecting Religious and Cultural Diversity in Iraq & Syria" Delivered by Mr. Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser
- Remarks by H.E. Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser, the UN High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations, at the Forum on Global Citizenship
- Remarks by the High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations at the Symposium on the Protection of Religious Minorities Worldwide
- PLURAL+ 2014 Youth Video Festival Awards Ceremony
- United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and the BMW Group Host a Capacity Building Workshop for Recipients of the 2014 Intercultural Innovation Award
- Global Citizen Forum “Globalization & Sustainable Development: The Role of Government, NGO’s & the Private Sector"
- FIRST WORLD CITIES DAY People-centered Urbanization, Managing Ethnic Diversity in Today’s Cities
- Media Advisory Globalization and Sustainable Development : The Role of Governments, NGOs and the Private Sector
- Media Advisory World Cities Day 2014 Leading Urban Transformations